Sunday, 30 November 2008
Now HOW is that possible, HOW can there be any such thing as too much chocolate! Nigella Lawson fans will find it hard to comprehend! So here's the modified recipe (with good reason for modification).
Well it was one of Nigella's shows that I got is recipe from. Forcing the husband to watch it, I haughtily proclaimed I had ALL the ingredients for the cookies Nigella has just made, inadvertently throwing myself a challenge which the 'enthusiasticly supporting' (to quote him) husband swiftly extended. That was when I realised, I was short of butter and the chips! Hence all ingredients here represent quantities I had at home. For all those who wish to follow Nigella's footsteps, visit her spanking new website which has recipe.
Total comfort food.
Totally chocolate, chocolate chip cookies
125 gms dark chocolate
105 gms unsalted butter (used regular Amul)
125 gms sugar (75 gms brown sugar/50 gms regular sugar)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cold egg
150 plain flour
30 gms cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
300 gms chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees
- Melt chocolate (I find it easier using the microwave, takes only about 30 sec; my last double boiler episode resulted in a disaster with the chocolate all falling into the water :-(
- Sift flour, cocoa and soda
- Cream butter and sugars, when fluffy add melted chocolate, then vanilla essence, finally the cold egg
- Add sifted ingredients & finally the chips
- Bake for 15 mins
I think they came out just fine, albeit overly chocolatey! The next time, I intend cutting down the amount of chips by a third. There was also an element of disaster this time, I used silicon baking sheets for the first time; luckily baked only 4 cookies, ALL of which burnt! Am sticking to my regular wire rack with foil method henceforth.
Milk (that was all I had at home) and cookies